Cinnamon Sugar Popcorn
¼ cup butter
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
½ cup corn kernels
4 tablespoons granulated sugar
1 teaspoon fine grain salt (sticks better to the popcorn)
¼ teaspoon freshly ground cinnamon
- Melt butter with the oil in a large pot or Whirley Pop. Add the sugar and cook it until just very lightly golden (this will give you a light caramel flavor.)
- Stir in the corn kernels mix well.
- Cover with a lid and cook on medium-low heat until kernels stop popping. Shake the pot often to make sure the kernels cook evenly and don't stick to the pan. If you are using a Wirley Popper turn handle to make sure the popcorn does not stick.
- Remove from heat, pour into bowl and mix with salt and cinnamon while still steaming.
- Start next batch because everyone will want more.
This popcorn was so yummy and my kids were in love with it. This recipe is not healthy at all, but it was pretty easy, although I burned the bottom and I will have to get better at cooking popcorn in a pot. It is also not very expensive to make if you already have popcorn kernels on hand. I will definitely make this popcorn again in the future.